TO SEE SAM’S COMP CARD AND AGENCY PROFILE GO TO: http://visionmodels.co.uk/profile/samantha-engelbrecht/
1.My favourite job for Vision Model Management so far has been……has definitely been the John Frieda Floral Curls job. I absolutely loved how they made my hair look so similar to Rihanna’s. The nation had to vote what hairstyle they loved the most, I received so many compliments which was a nice ego boost, as I love doing make up but not so great with hair!
2) I have been a model with Vision model management ……about a year and I have booked some great jobs. I have been booked for a JOHN FRIEDA online commercial, and also a JOHN FRIEDA stills shoot and also for SMIFFYS. I have attended many castings so far with Vision, the best one so far was being sent to VOGUE offices for the BRIDES MAGAZINE casting, which was shooting in France!!
3.My favourite type of modelling job is ……beauty, I love seeing all the different looks the make up artists create, and how different my face can look for each style they choose. It’s really interesting to see another persons interpretation of your face, and what they can bring that you may have not noticed before.
4.The most rewarding thing about modelling is ……being paid to be creative in front of the camera, I love wearing expensive clothes, and taking on different persona’s, and it so rewarding when you’ve worked with an amazing team and you get your photographs back and you love them.
5. The best advise I would give to a new model is……..to stick with it, you will experience rejection, competition and make mistakes, but in the end you will find what works for you, and to not try and be someone else, to work on your own strengths.
6. My daily routine consists of…….I try to be disciplined and take care of grooming, such as skin care, hair care and gym, though some days its hard to fit it in. I think to myself if I just walk some where instead of drive, take extra time to go through your skin are regime. But most importantly always take off your make up at night so you don’t wake up with spider lashes in the morning.
7. What I most love about modelling in London and modelling in general is……Modelling in London is definitely an achievement and a job not everyone can do. I’m originally from Weybridge so when I go back home and tell people about what I’ve been up to I realise what a big deal it is and it makes me feel that I’ve accomplished something. In London your in the heart of where its all at, so its easy to get to castings and parties etc…
8. Top things I do to prepare for a casting/take to a casting…..To prepare for a casting you have to make sure your portfolio is up to date, I use a tablet which makes life a lot easier. A good tip is to tone up the grooming and tone down the styling, don’t wear too much make up if any you want to enhance not cover up. And be yourself, people love models with personality.
9. I am happiest on a job when I ……have great people to work with, we all share the same idea, you have a connection with the photographer so you can go into free flow instead of being bound. And all round its just a great day at work.
10. If I could do a shoot for any designer, it would be….‘Temperley’ … I’ve done a few fitting with them and a showroom modelling job for them with Daniel Sandler but I’d love to model their wedding range, I love dressing up as a bride!
11. I would describe my style as…..I would describe my style as quite simple, I wear a lot of black as I think its flattering, I guess I am verging on quite rock as I love a bit of leather and boots.
12.My favourite high street stores are ‘Cos’, ‘Uniqlo’ and ‘H &M’
13.When I am not working I like to….. hang out with my friends and go to see plays, cinema, go for dinner, gigs. I also like to discover new things recently went to a comedy night which was amazing, and I keep up with Time Out to see what’s going on.
14. The Cheesiest song on my iPod is….’Work B*tch’ by Britney Spears, I love it, its such a gym song and is great for pushing you to keep going when you want to give up.
15. My Role model is…..‘Charlize Theron’ she started off as an actress and was born in Johannesburg near to where my Dad’s side of the family was born and live now. She is incredibly beautiful but doesn’t just use her beauty as her only currency, she is smart, strong and successful and that what I really admire in women.
16. The place I would most like to visit in the world is…. I would love to visit a lot of places in the world, but I’ve always been really curious about Cambodia, I would love to go as it seems a bit different so different from London.
17. In five years time I will be….I would love to still be modelling but also acting also. I’m also quite interested in Psychology, so I’m wondering if there’s a way I could find a way to combine my 3 main interests. Possibly a coach of some sort as I know a few who have helped me when I was first starting including ‘Michelle Paradise’.
Samantha’s agency profile can be seen here http://visionmodels.co.uk/profile/samantha-engelbrecht/ Call us in the office on 0208 945 5784 if you wish to book Sam, or email us at email@example.com