1.I have been a model for…. a long time! I began modelling when I was 14 and have been since then. Mostly on and off in between studying.
2.My favourite type of modelling job is…. photoshoots. I have met some amazingly creative minds. I love meeting new people and discovering their stories.
3.The most rewarding thing about modelling is…… The life skills you learn. Interacting with people from all walks of life.
4. The best advise I would give to a new model is…….. A cliche but drink plenty of water! Eating right and exercising. If you’re not looking after your skin it’ll show up on camera. Clients are less inclined to air brush nowadays so are looking for fantastic skin.
5. My daily routine consists of……. I wake up at the same time everyday, even at weekends. Unless I have a super early job! I’ll usually prepare for jobs/castings the night before and double check travel etc. If I’m not working or going to castings I tend to mull around London’s vast array of book shops and markets. I love finding old art books and posters.
6. What I most love about modelling in London and modelling in general is…… In London there is always something creative happening. New ideas mixed with an array of cultures. What I love most about modelling is the ‘acting’ part of it. You are someone different in every shoot, I suppose the escapism of it really appeals to me. Dressing up in things I’d never wear and being part of something innovative.
7. Top things I do to prepare for a casting/take to a casting….. Good nights sleep is key. Being hydrated and always double checking where, when and how to get there. My bag is usually pretty heavy; water, snack, model book, heels and flats and also a book as you can be waiting for a while sometimes.
8. I am happiest on a job when I …... have a connection with the photographer. Having that rapport with all the team can make or break a shoot.
9. If I could do a shoot for any designer, it would be…. Elie Saab. Just gorgeous creations!
10. I would describe my style as….. Elegant, simple and individual.
11.My favourite high street store is…… I’d probably say Cos or & Other Stories. Simple and smart.
12.When I am not working I like to…..Cook and eat! Mainly cakes and Eurasian cuisine. I love art and design so I spend a lot of my spare time researching new (and old!) things.
13. The Cheesiest song on my iPod is….’Go Your Own Way’ by Fleetwood Mac.
14. My Role model is….. Aung San Suu Kyi, I admire her strength in a male dominated world.
15. The place I would most like to visit in the world is…. China. My mother is of Chinese heritage but I know little about where my ancestors are from. I would love to see the magnificent landscapes and vibrant cultures around the country.
16. In five years time I will be….Still wondering around trying and finding new things to do. I don’t imagine I’ll change too much 🙂